Celebrity hairstylist Toni Chavez created a carefree, rock and roll hairstyle for Bella Thorne at last night’s American Music Awards. Accenting her edgy, two-tone hair color, Chavez crafted loose, deconstructed curls for a edgy-meets-glam vibe.
The rocker-chic style is perfect for the client who’s a true individual, but still wants a dose of glam for a night out. Recreate the look in the salon with Chavez’s how-to below!
Get the Look:
- “To begin, I prepped the hair with dry shampoo and mousse on the roots to give texture and add volume,” says Chavez.
- “Next, I used the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer to enhance the volume by drying hair straight up from the root.
- “To add curls, I used the T3 Whirl Trio with the one-inch clip barrel over the whole head and set with pins.
- “For the ‘deconstructed’ look, I brushed out the curls, then used a curling iron with an even smaller barrel and spaced curls throughout the hair for additional texture.
- “Lastly, I finished with Lemonhead Blue Glitter paste near the hairline to achieve the extreme wow factor.”