MONSE recently debuted its Resort 2017 Collection as a continuation of the MONSE DNA - which focuses on sexy menswear for women - with inspiration drawn from a mixture of military silhouettes and menswear handkerchief prints. To complement the softened, refined feel of the collection, celebrity hairstylist Chris Naselli used TRESemmé to create textured, low ponytails.
The perfect, simple-yet-stylish look for summer, these slightly edgy ponytails are easy to recreate for your clients with Naselli's how-to, below.
Get the Look:
- Wash hair with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner and Shampoo and apply a golfball-sized amount of TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse on damp hair from roots to ends. Use a widetooth comb and distribute evenly. Then layer on a few pumps of TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray for added texture and volume.
- Rough-dry hair using your fingers, lifting at the roots for maximum volume. When completely dry, pull hair back into a low, loose ponytail and secure with clear elastic, making sure to let some pieces fall out naturally by the ear and fringe.
- Next, take a small section of hair from under the ponytail and wrap it around the outside of the elastic. Secure end with a bobby pin.
- Take random sections from the tail and wrap loosely around a large barrel curling iron to add soft and textured waves. Make sure it's not too perfect - the key is to make this look effortless.
- To add extra softness, spray a little TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray at the hairline and lightly use your fingers to break up the hairline to create a few soft fly-aways.
- Finish the look with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Flexible Hold Hairspray for a light hold.