For the recent premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2, celebrity hairstylist and International Creative Director for Macadamia Professional, Giannandrea created an edgy-cool look for actress Natalie Dormer. The inspiration behind the look included the combination of rock 'n' roll and femininity, resulting in a high pompadour updo with an artfully disheveled bun. Recreate this party-ready look with the how-to below!
Get the Look:
- Apply Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer from roots to ends of wet hair.
- Blow-dry large sections with a large round brush to create ample volume all over.
- Rub a quarter sized amount of Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream in palms and apply throughout hair to create texture and separation.
- Tease the roots at the crown to build volume.
- Twist the hair back in small to medium sections and secure with straight pins, leaving wispy pieces loose.
- Emulsify more Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream in palms and use fingers to gently scrunch the hair for piece-y texture.
- Twist remaining hair into a back bun in the center of the head and secure with pins for an effortless finish. Leave small pieces out on the side for a windswept look.
- Spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Spray to secure the hair.