Celebrity hairstylist and founder of Hair Room Service, Michael Dueñas, recently announced that he will be launching a YouTube series on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 in response to Instagram fans' requests for red carpet trend tutorials. The new series will feature weekly hair how-to's inspired by Dueñas' stunning celebrity hair looks, as seen on A-listers such as Shailene Woodley, Cara Delevingne, Lea Michele, Mariah Carey, and more. The first look: this beautiful, heart-shaped, fishtail bun, which Dueñas created for actress Erin Richards. Check out the tutorial video over on Dueñas' YouTube channel, and see the step-by-step how-to, below!
Get the Look:
1. Start with smooth dry hair.
2. Secure the hair into a low, tight ponytail. Texture can be pulled into the top and sides later.
3. Create a fishtail braid (refer to fishtail braid tutorial in Dueñas' video) and secure the end of the braid with a small elastic.
4. Spray the braid with R+Co Outer Space Flexible Hold hairspray to smooth fly-aways and add longevity to the style.
5. Fold the base of the braid up against the head, securing with a 3-inch hair pin just above the elastic of your ponytail.
6. Spread the top part of the braid out for width and to emphasize the heart shape, making sure to keep the end of the braid small.
7. Fold the braid flat against the head, tucking the ends under themselves to hide them.
8. Pin to the head so it is flat as possible, and shape as desired.
[Image courtesy of Melody Joy PR]