For the Hammock Swim 2016 show at Miami Swim Week, several different designers were showcased together. To complement this, hairstylist Riley McLachlan created easily-altered hairstyles that transitioned throughout the show to provide different looks as the show progressed. As is it was Swim Week, McLachlan determined that a nice breezy, beachy wave that had an enhanced natural feeling without looking overdone would be the perfect base to build on throughout the looks. During the show the hair progressed from half-up into other beachy styles including ponytails and top knots.
Get the Look:
1. Prep dry hair with a light mist of UNITE GO365 Hairspray on the low setting and UNITE TEXTURIZA Spray.
2. Lightly back-brush the hair for an overall texture and slight volume.
3. Using either a curling iron or a UNITE Flat Iron, create slight curls.
4. Spray UNITE GO365 Hairspray on the high setting to set the waves and then rake our with fingers.
5. The top sections was then very loosely pulled away from the face and tied with an elastic, wrapped into a loose, textured bun and pinned into place for a half-up, half-down look.
6. For a final shine as well as to help fight the Miami humidity- all overall spray of UNITE’s new 7SECONDS Glossing spray was applied.
[Images courtesy of Pickle PR]