At the recent European premiere of Magic Mike XXL, celebrity hair stylist Dayaruci worked with actress Jenna Dewan Tatum to create a chic, romantic updo for her walk down the red carpet. According to Dayaruci, the look was inspired by "a sexy, French, 'mod' updo." See the steps you need to recreate this look, below.
Get the Look:
1. Says Dayaruci, "Jenna and I decided that, as she has been wearing her hair down for all the other premieres, to introduce a change by putting it up. Also, her Zuhair Murad look was embellished on top so we wanted the hair to complement that, and decided on a little sexy french updo with a hint of sixties. To start, I applied Kerastase Mousse Volumifique on wet hair before roughly drying and using a round brush on top to give it some volume.
2. "Then I gave her some loose waves with a medium-sized curling iron, leaving out some of the ends to give it a modern touch.
3. "I applied Oribe's Dry Texturizing Spray all over and teased the roots, especially around the crown of the head.
4. "Finally, I put it up very softly leaving some strands down to frame her lovely face. I kept the back very low to make it more sexy and not too polished as we didn't want a formal updo.
5. "I finished by applying my must-have L’Oreal Elnett Professional Hairspray."