Celebrity hair stylist Bryce Scarlett and celebrity makeup artist Quinn Murphy recently worked with Kiernan Shipka for the 5th Annual Coach and Friends of The Highline Summer Party on Tuesday, June 24th in New York, NY. While Bryce gave Kiernan a natural, pretty hairstyle, Quinn accentuated the overall look with fresh makeup and a bold, pink lip. Get the how-tos for recreating the look, below.
Get the Look: Hair
- Says Bryce, "We felt like Kiernan’s bandana was such a statement that we just wanted her to look cool and easy. Her hair air-dried really nicely so I just enhanced her natural wave, blow-drying her hairline with Phyto Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray and adding waves with my ghd flat iron.
- "I then sprayed Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray at the root and ran Wella Velvet Amplifier Styling Primer through her hair to add definition and weight."
Get the Look: Makeup
- Says Quinn, ""Kiernan loves a very fresh, effortless and natural makeup [look]. I wanted to give her radiant glowing skin with some subtle definition on the eyes and a sophisticated stain on the lip. "To start out I used the Glossier Priming Moisturizer to prep her skin. Next, I used the Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer under her eyes and sparingly on any other areas in need. Then, with a damp beauty blender, I applied a light layer of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 6.
- "I brushed up her brows and filled in the outer quarter with Mac Eye Brows in Lingering. After curling her lashes I applied RMS Eye Polish in Seduce and Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in 12 (brown black) very tight in the lash line, followed by Le Volume de Chanel black mascara.
- "For the cheeks, I applied Nars Blush in Sex Appeal. I then highlighted the top points of her face with Clé de Peau Brilliant Enhancer.
- "Lastly, I used my ring finger to press the lip color into the lip for a stain. That gives color and pop without texture. We wanted to draw focus to the lip, without it looking too 'lipsticky.'
"The final result was fresh, chic and modern."