Aveda Guest Artist, Frank Rizzieri, ponied up a “low, thick and simple tail with a tousled side part” for the Stella McCartney 2016 Resort Presentation.
Beautiful, billowy, floor skimming dresses in cream, peach, tangerine and lemon hues were featured in the presentation, held at Elizabeth Street Garden in New York City. The collection was inspired by the look of easy-going festival-goers that combine a cool girl look with a chic, relaxed vibe.
“To instantly thicken each strand, I first applied Aveda Thickening Tonic to the models’ hair. I love it because it adds lightweight bulk,” said Rizzieri. “As you spray and layer it in you can immediately feel it expand each strand. It just came out and already it’s one of my kit essentials.”
Get the Look:
- Prep towel-dried hair with new Aveda Thickening Tonic - spray thoroughly from roots to ends, in sections.
- Comb through to distribute evenly.
- Blow-dry hair with a round brush, using a nozzle to direct the air down each section.
- Brush hair away from face and neatly into the same direction at the nape of neck.
- Once hair is dry, pull hair into a low ponytail using an elastic to secure hold and spray lightly with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray.
- Run a flat iron through the tail to smooth hair and ensure straightness.
- Use the palm of hands in circular motions at temples to gently create wispy undone bits for the natural look that Stella loves.
- Finish with a misting of Aveda Brilliant Spray-on Shine.
[Image courtesy of Aveda]