Hairstylist Sonia Castleberry and her team created the wild side-braided manes seen on Dolores Cortes' 2014 Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim Runway. The punk inspired hair was topped off with long earring-like gold chains pinned into the braids. Castleberry explains how she put together the look:
1. After rough-drying the hair with the BaByliss Pro 21 Hairdryer, create a side part from the center of the eyebrow straight down to the nape. Section off the side with the part.
2. Apply Oribe’s Rock Hard Gel to the sectioned portion and create a few small cornrow-style braids. (For the show, I wanted to show a variety of braid styles so each model had a different, unique and creative braid.)
3. Spray Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray throughout the rest of the hair, concentrating on the roots, to create ultimate texture and volume. Backcomb the hair at the root for even more lift. For Dolore’s runway show, my goal was to make sure the hair was exaggerated.
4. Finish with a generous amount of Oribe’s Superfine Strong Hair Spray for lasting hold.
5. If desired, embellish the look with jewelry, using the braids as an anchor to pin in chains. At Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, I incorporated gold spike chains into the hair to give a complete punk finish to the look.
Whip Hand Cosmetics]