Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy Lecompte styled Nicole Richie’s super cute 60s-inspired high pony as she celebrated Charlotte Ronson’s new beauty line on August 23, 2011. This is a super cute, fast up do that anyone can re-create!
Andy Lecompte gave Nicole Richie a 1960’s-inspired fringe and high pony for Charlotte Ronson’s Beauty Launch Event for Sephora that was held in West Hollywood on August 23, 2011.
- To start, Andy applied Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray to each section of Nicole’s already dry hair to leave hair soft, shiny and manageable before smoothing out locks with a flat iron.
- Next, Andy pulled a mo-hawk section of the hair up and away while he pulled the rest of the hair into a super high pony with two elastics at the crown of the head for extra volume.
- Release the mo-hawk section of the hair and lightly blast with a blow dryer to find a part and smooth out any kinks.
- Lightly shake out the top section of the hair to let face-framing fringe fall, then separate the remaining hair into two sections on both sides of the head.
- One at a time, wrap the sections around the pony pin one at a time and secure with hair pins to hide the elastic and give shape to the head.
- Smooth fly-aways and set the look with a light mist of Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray
- Add red-carpet worthy shine with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray
*Shiny Hair Secret: Nicole takes excellent care of her hair with a great conditioning regimen. Boost your hair’s shine with a deep conditioner such as Wella Professionals Enrich Treatment to get instantly softer, shinier strands.
Image: Chris Weeks/WireImage/GettyImages
Stylist: Andy Lecompte, Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist
Hair products: Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray, Stay Essential Finishing Spray, Shimmer Delight Shine Spray