The FENTY Puma by Rihanna Spring/Summer 2017 collection, presented at Paris Fashion Week, showcased the romance and grandeur of French culture with a delicate color palette, luxurious fabrics and playful flair. While the collection flaunted exaggerated and oversized shapes, the hair, styled by Yusef Williams for Oribe Hair Care, provided an obvious juxtaposition to the excess.
Yusef, along with a team of Oribe stylists including Kien Hoang and Mandee Hernandez, created a super-sleek, minimal low ponytail with a high-shine finish. An exaggerated side part kept the look clean while simultaneously adding an unexpected twist on the classic hairstyle. The finished look perfectly is perfectly polished, simple yet chic, and effortlessly cool.
Get the Look:
- Section half the head horizontally from the back of one ear to the back of the other to create a clean part.
- Create a half-head wrap on the left side, wrapping over the forehead and securing with Oribe Superfine Strong Hair Spray.
- With the remaining back section, gather the hair into a ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
- Add extensions to the ponytail for exaggerated length and flat iron. Spray with Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray for a smooth, shiny finish.
- Once ponytail is secure, take the hair from the flat head wrap and secure under the base of the ponytail.
- Spray the ends of the hair from the head wrap with Superfine Strong Hair Spray and wrap ends around the ponytail's elastic band. Secure with pins.
- Spray Shine Light Reflecting Spray for more sheen and apply Oribe Star Glow Styling Wax to eliminate fly-aways.
- Lock in the entire look with Superfine Strong Hair Spray.