The first Monday of May is always the most-anticipated fashion event of the year.
This year, the Met Gala's theme was Heavenly Bodies, a reference to the Catholic Church. Neither the designers or stylists dropped the ball; here's how to recreate some of our favorite looks from the night.
Rihanna by Yusuf Williams
- Begin with wet hair and blow dry on high heat using the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition
- Once dry, I used the Phyto Specific Curl Legend Spray to hydrate before pulling the hair into a pony
- I then used the Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray and Fiber Paste and continued drying the hair
- I didn’t need a flat iron because the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition is so good.
- From here I created finger waves on either side of her face, using the flat iron to create the flat waves. Then brushed out using a fine tail comb, locking in the shape with the Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray
Amal Clooney by Rod Ortega
- Starting with wet hair, I prepped the hair by combing Renee Furterer volumizing spray through the ends.
- Next, I used the Ibiza 1” round brush and T3 Cura Luxe dryer to blow out the hair in 2” sections.
- I used the T3 SinglePass Curl 1.25” curling iron to curl the hair in 2 inch sections and then pin each curl.
- Once the curls were cool, I unpinned the hair, and used a flat brush to brush the whole set out.
- I then left hair out at the front of the head and the nape of the neck.
- I took the rest of the hair, and backcombed the root, pulling it back into a pony.
- Moving along to the hair in the front and at the nape of the neck, I slightly backcombed the base and started blending the hair into the pony, securing with Frenchies (blonde colored, flocked hairpins) onto the hair elastic.
- When pinning these pieces back, it was important to sculpt the hair into the desired shape, and leave some soft pieces falling out around the face and the neckline for a more romantic look.
- To finish, I added hairspray to give the look a nice hold.
Cardi B by Tokyo Stylez
- Prep hair with Avlon Kera Care Foam Wrap-Set Lotion
- Blow dry with a round brush on high heat using the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition
- Use a ½ inch curling wand to style hair using OGX Shimmering Keratin Oil to give the hair shine
- Use a paddle brush to blow try again with the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition to give a nice flowy kinky textured look
- Finish the look with Paul Mitchell INVISIBLEWEAR Undone Texture Hairspray and Pantene Pro-V Hairspray to lock in the style
Hailee Steinfeld by Gregory Russell
- Prep hair with amika Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse through the crown of air-dried hair.
- Next, create a center part and dry the crown section (where the mousse was applied) with a multi-bristle brush to add some texture but to keep the look smooth.
- Use the amika Confidante Moisture-lock Styler to create a loose, natural wave throughout the hair.
- Next, spray hair with amika Un.Done Volume and Matte Texture Spray and use a pearl-sized amount of amika Heist Molding Blend for a romantic and angelic, ropey texture.
- Place in a crown, and set the hair with amika Fluxus Touchable Hairspray for hold and control all night.
Olivia Munn by Chad Wood
- Generously spray Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray on damp hair to prep for a smooth blowout.
- Spray Kenra Platinum Luxe One Leave-In to hair tips to create a sleek finish before heat is applied.
- Section out the hair into 4-5 small rectangle-shaped sections, working your way up from the nape of the neck.
- Apply Kenra Platinum Dry Texture Spray to hair roots for added volume.
- Take one-inch sections and lightly spray Kenra Volume Spray 25 for a tousled texture.
- Use a flat-iron in “S”-shaped movements, working your way from the hair tips to the top of your head. To create the S-shape, simply rock your hand back and forth, creating subtle movement in the hair.
- Spray the entire head with Kenra Volume Spray 25 to ensure the look stays intact.
[All images from Instagram]