Styled by Davy Newkirk.
Get The Look:
- I started with her hair wet. She is a fan of natural products so we love the Matrix Biolage line because it is paraben-free. I applied a generous amount of Matrix Biolage Whipped Mousse on her hair.
- I blew it out with a round brush until dry.
- After that, I used a flat iron at the bottom of the hair. I turned tucked in some of the pieces under her hair, and flipped some of them out to give the look a lot of movement.
- I took some of the Matrix StyleLink Shape Switcher and mixed it with a few drops of Matrix StyleLink Volume Booster. I mixed them in my palms and put it evenly through Jessica’s hair to give the texture and the hold that we were looking for
- Then, I took the blow dryer to it and blew her hair around in all different directions to accomplish that windblown look and ruffle up the texture
- To finish off the look, we used Matrix Biolage Freeze Fix Hairspray all over her hair to set in the look! [pagebreak]
Get The Look:
- Prep wet hair with Matrix StyleLink Volume Builder Mousse. Make sure that you apply from root to tip to ensure even volume throughout the look.
- Lightly Spray hair with Matrix StyleLink Turbo Dryer Blow Dry Spray while hair is still damp. This will help tame frizz and expedite the blow-drying process. Blow Dry wet hair all until it is about 80% dry
- Use a 1 inch round brush to curl hair loosely. Wrap pieces of hair around the brush and apply direct heat to the hair
- Wrap 1 inch sections of hair around velcrow hot rollers
- Keep rollers in hair until hair is completely cool
- Take rollers out of hair and spray Matrix StyleLink Texture Builder throughout dry hair. Shake can well and spray four or five inches away from roots
- Brush the waves out to give waves a flowy finish
- Tuck one side of hair behind ear, bobby pin to hold in place
- Finish the look with a few sprays of Matrix StyleLink Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray over the whole head to keep everything in place!
Amber Dreadon, one of the fashion and music industry’s most sought-after makeup artists, partnered with luxury beauty brands BABOR and Sisley to create a soft, glowing new beauty look for Grammy Award-winning artist LORDE at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit.
Get the Look:
"I believe that you can’t create a beautiful makeup application without first perfecting the skin, so I began LORDE’s Met Ball beauty ritual with BABOR SKINOVAGE PX Sensational Eyes Refreshing Active Pads. With a mixture of nutrients, minerals and hyaluronic acid, this professional product leaves the delicate eye area hydrated and refreshed. I followed with a product that I am totally in love with, BABOR CLEANSING CP Thermal Spray, which supplies 100% instant moisture as it tones and mineralizes the skin. Next, I used one of BABOR’s beauty ampoules - FLUIDS FP Stop Stress Fluid, which contains power-packed active ingredients that quickly and effectively smooth, calm and strengthen the skin,” Amber said. “I followed with SKINOVAGE PX PERFECT COMBINATION Daily Mattifying Cream which has a light consistency, provides vital moisture, visibly balances and leaves a matte appearance. Finally, I finished with SKINOVAGE PX Sensational Eyes Cooling Eye Gel. Cooling and oil-free, this gel has amazing stainless steel rollers that visibly refresh, relax and smooth the eye area creating a perfect base for eye makeup.”
“We were inspired by the shades of the Calvin Klein gown she is wearing and the texture of the sequins - how they look in the light and dark and wanted to recreate that on the eye. Keeping that as the focus,” Amber said.
“Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat oil free foundation was lightly buffed onto the skin to create a light weight flawless base. Sisley Transparent Face powder was used with a large powder brush to lightly set the foundation and to remove unwanted shine.Brows were defined using Sisley Brow pencil in Cappuccino and combed with the comb attached to the brow pencil. Sisley Phyto-Eye Twist in Bronze was applied to the lash line and blended outward. Sisley phyto 4 ombres in #1 dream & #2 mystery were used for a winged bronzed smokey eye with a hint of metallic blue along the lash line. Lips were gently touched with the Phyto lip twists in #1 and #2.”
Dreadon used the following products for LORDE’s Met Gala 2015 Red Carpet Look:
BABOR SKINOVAGE PX Sensational Eyes Refreshing Active Pads (Professional Only)
BABOR CLEANSING CP Thermal Spray, $25
BABOR FLUIDS FP Stop Stress Fluid, $48
BABOR SKINOVAGE PX PERFECT COMBINATION Daily Mattifying Cream, $76
BABOR SKINOVAGE PX Sensational Eyes Cooling Eye Gel, $56
Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat Oil Free Foundation in Nude, $122
Sisley Transparent Loose Face Powder, $88
Sisley Brow Pencil in Cappucino, $57
Sisley Phyto 4 Ombre in Dream, $115
Sisley Phyto 4 Ombre in Mystery, $115
Sisley Phyto Eye-Twist in Bronze, $50
Sisley So Intense Mascara, $67
Sisley Phyto Lip Twist in 1 + 2 Mixed together, $50 [pagebreak]
Kendall Jenner stunned in a backless Calvin Klein gown and her simple, sleek middle part added softness to her striking silhouette. Celebrity Stylist, Andrew Fitzsimons suggested she wear her hair down and described her look as “a chic modern version of Cher circa the 70’s.
Get the Look:
1. Apply Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse to damp hair for added volume.
2. Blow dry hair backwards using a round boar bristle brush to create volume at the roots.
3. Part hair perfectly down the center and flat iron from the mid-lengths to the ends.
4. Spray the hair with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to tame flyaways and give the hair a little bit of weight so it stays in perfect position on the red carpet.
5. Finally, liberally spray the whole head with Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Shine Spray for a silky smooth finish. [pagebreak]
To complement the deep v-neckline of Gigi Hadid’s Diane von Furstenberg dress, Jennifer Yepez for Moroccanoil created a youthful, soft-textured style that perfectly balanced the gown’s ultra-sexy red color.
Get the look:
· Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to wet hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
· Then, add a drop of Moroccanoil Treatment Light to the ends and blow dry hair smooth using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush.
· Create natural waves with a 1 ¼” barrel curling iron by wrapping sections of hair around the barrel in alternating directions.
· Work in a dime-sized amount of Hydrating Styling Cream through the mid-lengths to ends to give hair soft definition and piece-y texture.
· Finish with a generous spritz of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray (Strong) for long-lasting hold and red carpet-ready shine. [pagebreak]
Rob Scheppy for Tweezerman Brush iQ created a more natural look for both girls, yet still glamorous as to not overshadow the custom Topshop dresses.”
Get the Look:
For this event we wanted to keep the girls’ look super fresh, like they just got out of the shower. I started out prepping skin on both girls using WEI Kakadu Plum Whitening Sugar Mask followed with WEI Sirtuin Activator moisturizer. Both Bella and Hayley actually used the moisturizer all over the body along with a little bit of Charlotte Tilbury’s Supermodel Body Slimmer Shimmer. For makeup, I used Chanel’s Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Crème Makeup and then dabbed on IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer to cover shadows. Instead of a traditional cheek color, I used several shades of Chanel Les Beiges to create warmth and depth to features. Using Tweezerman Brush iQ Mini Face Contour Brush Set, I blended Charlotte Tilbury’s Film Star duo on cheekbones, brow bone and chin which added some highlights and just a little bit of bronze-y shimmer. I set the look with IT Cosmetics Bye-Bye Pores Silk HD powder. The girls’ looks differed a little bit in the eyes and lips.
For Bella, I used Tweezerman Browmousse to set her brows. Next, I lightly shadowed her eyes using L’Oreal Color Riche La Palette in Nude 1. For lashes, I applied House of Lashes’ Iconic Strip and then Voluminuous Mascara. I used By Terry Baume de Rose lip gloss.
On Hayley, I filled in her brows using Anastasia Beverly Brow Powder Duo and a Tweezerman Brush iQ Brow Brush. Then, I applied House of Lashes’ Au Natural strip lashes and two coats of L’Oreal Voluminuous Mascara in black. We finished off Hayley’s look with Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème in So Sofia.
PRODUCTS: Tweezerman Brush iQ Mini Face Contour Brush Set ($25); Tweezerman Browmousse ($12); Tweezerman Brush iQ Brow Brush ($12) [pagebreak]