In order to complement the Richard Chai A/W 2015 collection, presented at New York Fashion Week, hairstylist Kevin Ryan for UNITE Hair Care "created a look that walks a fine line between prissy and pretty, and carefree and lived-in. The result was the creation of a hybrid figure 8 bun."
Get the Look:
1. First, spray UNITE TRICKY Spray from roots through ends to give hair grip and matte shine.
2. Sprinkle UNITE EXPANDA Dust through hair for extra grip and volume.
3. Pull hair straight back into a ponytail and secure at the nape of the neck with an elastic band.
4. Make a very loose braid from the ponytail and secure the end with a second elastic hair band at the end, making sure to leave at least 1-2” of hair loose.
5. Using forceps, pull the end of the ponytail through the hair above the top elastic band – this will create a “figure 8” bun.
6. Work with the bun to neatly dishevel the braided bun in order to create a braided, undulating shape, and then secure the hair with a bobby pin.
7. Finish the look by adding a headband that completely wraps around the hairline, ensuring that all hair is completely swept away from the face.
Meanwhile, the male models walked the runway in similarly carefree, lived-in looks that showcased each models' natural hair texture.
[Images courtesy of Pickle PR]