Here’s how Joico Celebrity Colorist Denis de Souza created the gorgeous, dark haircolor seen on Jenna Dewan-Tatum at the Golden Globes.
Most brunettes are passionate about two things, declares De Souza. They want absolutely no hint of redness or warmth, and they covet as much shine as possible. “That’s why I use Joico Vero K-PAK Chrome Demi-Permanent Color on many of my brunette clients,” he notes. “The shade range gives me options for cancelling unwanted warmth. And Vero K-PAK Chrome uses the reconstructive qualities of K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor in its formulas for the richest color with amazing condition, vibrancy and incredible shine.”
De Souza turned to several of his favorite warmth-cancelling shades for Jenna. He combined Joico Vero K-PAK Chrome ½ A5/Medium Ash Brown + ½ N4 Coffee Bean with developer and applied the formula to the regrowth area. He lowlighted with Joico Vero-K-PAK Chrome A5, then glossed the entire head with a formula of Joico Vero K-PAK Chrome ½ Clear + ½ A9/Light Ash Blonde to repel warmth and amplify shine.
[Image: Getty Images/Gregg DeGuire/WireImage]
Lorelei Linklater, star of the Golden Globe Award-winning film Boyhood, turned heads at Sunday night’s ceremony with her fun, brightly-colored locks. Celebrity Colorist and PRAVANA Guest Artist Danny Moon – the man behind the brightly colored tresses of Nicole Richie, Rumer Willis and Kylie Jenner, to name a few – shares how to replicate Lorelei’s look.
Formula 1: VIVIDS Violet + Wild Orchid
Formula 2: Equal parts VIVIDS Red + Magenta
1. Pre-lighten ends at a level 8 in ombré pattern with PRAVANA Pure Light Power Lightener and your choice of developer.
2. Shampoo and condition with PRAVANA NEVO shampoo and conditioner.
3. Dry the hair completely.
4. Apply formula 1 and formula 2 to alternating strands with a predominantly heavier emphasis on formula 2.
5. Process 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
6. Shampoo, condition, and lock in color with VIVIDS Color Protect Shampoo, Conditioner and Sealing Spray.
7. Style as desired.