Celebrity hairstylist Cervando worked with Naomi Watts for last night's 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards. Says Cervando, “I created chic, modern, slightly-retro waves to perfectly compliment Naomi’s personality and style. I loved that the soft, face-framing look felt modern and effortless." Get tips to recreate this look, below.
Get the Look:
1. Beginning on damp hair, use fingers to rake a golf ball-sized amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse from root to tip, throughout the entire head. Next, use a comb to distribute the product evenly through hair.
2. Apply Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the entire head to create a foundation for volume and texture. Then use a comb to create a deep side part. Rough dry with hands.
3. Next, section by section, blow dry hair using Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Round Brush for a soft and smooth finish.
4. Once the hair is fully dry, section off the hair at the top of the head and set in Velcro rollers.
5. Alternating between 1” and 1½” curling irons, wrap 1” sections of hair around the barrels — leaving the ends straight — to create a modern, natural wave.
6. Once completed, remove the Velcro rollers and use the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush to smooth hair into place and sweep the hair across the forehead.
7. Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to add shine, texture and long-lasting hold.
[Image: Getty Images/Jeff Vespa]
Meanwhile, Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Renato Campora gave Allison Williams retro, rocker-chic waves that perfectly complemented her stunning, floor-length, strapless, red dress. Her chic, classic look, modernized with an asymmetrical bob, was a testament to old Hollywood glamour.
Get the Look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Prime damp hair by applying 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to the palms of your hands and distribute evenly throughout hair.
3. Work in Wella Professionals Elastic Energy Curl Enhancing Mousse from root to ends.
4. Create a deep side part and blow dry hair with a fine tooth comb.
5. Take medium sections of hair, starting from the top of the head, curl hair towards the face.
6. Using bobby pins, secure each curl flat to the head and lightly mist with Wella Professionals Spray Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
7. Once the hair has cooled, remove the pins and loosely brush out the lengths.
8. Shape the waves using Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray and Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade to define and prevent fly-aways.
9. Using bobby pins, curl the bottom of the hair up and under, and secure the hair to form the bob.
10. Finish off by spraying hair with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray and Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray leaving hair smooth, shiny and red carpet ready.