For the recent People's Choice Awards, held in Los Angeles, CA, celebrity hairstylist George Papanikolas worked with Karina Smirnoff to create a soft up-do hairstyle. The look was both pretty and elegant, perfectly complementing Smirnoff's bright, floral gown.
Get the Look:
1. Start by washing hair with the Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Fine Hair.
2. Apply the Matrix Biolage Whipped Mouse.
3. Flip hair upside down and rough dry.
4. Spray hair with Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast-Drying Hairspray and use a one-inch curling iron.
5. Curl each section away from the face and pin it up with clips so it can set.
6. Spray the hair with Matrix Design Pulse Clean Remix Instant Dry Shampoo.
7. Take down the back area of the hair first and create a square.
8. Make a ponytail with the hair in the square, making it an anchor.
9. Take down the rest of the curls and pin each piece to the anchor.
10. Spray hair once more with the Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast Drying Hairspray.
[Images: Top: Jeffrey Mayer/Getty Images; bottom: instagram.com/karina_smirnoff]