Fergie kicked off the 2014 American Music Awards red carpet wearing a jaw-dropping black Halston Heritage dress and long loose waves. Fergie made her worldwide television debut performing her first single, since 2006, “L.A. LOVE (la la),” from her upcoming album. Celebrity stylist Andy LeCompte shares how to create the look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Protect Shampoo and Keratin Restore Mask which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Prime damp hair by applying 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands and distributing evenly throughout hair.
3. Blow dry using a medium size roundbrush to create volume at the roots.
4. Wrap 2-3” sections of hair around 1 1Ž2 inch ceramic curling iron to create long loose waves.
5. Lightly back comb hair at the roots and brush through waves with a wide tooth comb.
6. Create a side part and tuck the hair (on the side closest to the part) behind the ear.
7. Lightly mist hair with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to prevent flyways.
8. Finish the look by spraying hair with Wella Professionals Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray leaving it smooth, shiny and red carpet ready.
· Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Protect Shampoo
· Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Restore Mask
· Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir
· Wella Professionals Stay EssentialFinishing Spray
· Wella Professionals Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray
[Image: Jeffrey Mayer/Getty Images]