Actress Willow Shields dazzled on the red carpet at the recent premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 in a mermaid-green, custom Christian Siriano dress with a long train. Celebrity hairstylist Ryan Richman states “It was such a glamorous dress that I wanted to offset it with a more natural feel to keep her look youthful.” As a fun last minute decision, Ryan decided to cut four inches off of Willow’s hair and add a soft undone wave. Ryan then brushed her hair into a deep side part to add a touch of old Hollywood glamour.
Get the Look:
1. On towel-dried hair, Ryan applied a few pumps of KMS California TAMEFRIZZ de-frizz oil. This lightweight leave-in is a great detangler and prevents frizz, leaving the hair smooth.
2. Next, before blow-drying each section, Ryan sprayed KMS California ADDVOLUME volumizing spray at the root for fullness and heat protection.
3. Ryan then blow-dried 1-inch sections using a large boar bristle round brush and set with clips to maintain volume. After, he set a deep side part and curled 1-inch sections using a large barrel curling iron. To achieve a soft uniform wave, he wrapped and twisted Willow’s hair around the curling iron.
4. To set Willow’s hair, he applied KMS California HAIRSTAY medium hold spray to the brush and brushed the curl into a soft wave. Adding hairspray to the brush before brushing will prevent fly-aways.
5. He then finished off this look with an additional spray of KMS HAIRSTAY medium hold spray.
[Image: Steve Granitz via Getty Images]