November may be the time when men let their facial hair grow out, but embracing the spirit of Movember doesn't necessarily mean you can't be stylish and on-trend.
“This is the time of year that men grow out their facial hair to help raise awareness for prostate and testicular cancer. Many patients lose their hair during therapy, so the point of this unique idea is to grow a beard wild and free and invest the dollars you save on shaving kits and creams into the cancer foundations,” says Arielle Calamari at Aurelio Salon
It’s not all Grizzly Adams and caveman-inspired, these beards are coiffed with beard oils and smoothing products to look groomed and hip. Follow Calamari’s tips for how to grow a beard and join in helping raise awareness.
How to Grow a Beard
1. Stop shaving, and figure out what kind of beard you want.
2. After two weeks when you’ve got more strands to work with, start shaping, it’s “No Shave November,” but that doesn’t mean you can’t trim.
3. Comb beard when necessary; i.e. after meals, bathing, etc.
4. Use a lotion to smooth strands out to prevent an unruly look. KMS California TAME FRIZZ Smoothing Lotion keeps hair hydrated, shiny and frizz free.
5. Don’t let the hairs fly around, get control and sculpt with KMS California HAIR PLAY Messing Crème, take a dime size amount, emulsify into hands and apply where control is needed.
Look in the mirror and wink, looking’ pretty FINE!
“This is a fun promotion to post on social media to increase awareness for the cause and also attract male clients by advertising your men’s grooming skills,” says Patrick McIvor is Artistic & TechniCulture Director for Goldwell and KMS California.
[Image courtesy of Glow Communications/Hair by Arielle Calamari]