Celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel recently worked with actress Elizabeth Banks for the world premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 in Los Angeles, CA. Adir and Elizabeth went for a feminine, yet structured up-do. Her glamorous “upside down chignon” perfectly contrasted the silhouette of her bold floral dress.
Get the Look:
1. Prep damp hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying a tennis ball amount throughout for a weightless, voluminous feeling.
2. Before starting to blow-dry hair, pin a triangular section at the very front of the head, to create a blueprint for the up-do.
3. Using a boar bristle round brush, blow-dry small sections of the remaining bottom half of hair upwards, to achieve maximum volume.
4. Once hair is dry, spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Finishing Hairspray on ½-inch vertical sections of the bottom half of the hair and brush back each section to create a strong base for the twist.
5. Gather all hair (except the triangle section) toward the top of the crown and begin to twist, while securing the style with hairpins to hold the knot in place. To clean up fly-aways and ensure a clean silhouette, use Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Mega Firm Hold Gel.
6. Remove pins holding the triangular section on the top of the head, and wrap hair around a ¼-inch curling iron to create soft waves and texture. For desired height, begin back-combing the top section while spraying Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Finishing Hairspray to add movable hold so the hair naturally falls into place.
7. To finish, fold the end of the front section into the crown and lightly spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect and Shine Spray to add the perfect sheen. For an extra sparkle, add three delicate diamond accessories to the crown knot.
[Images: Getty Images]