At this year's LACMA Art + Film Gala, daughter of LACMA Trustees' Eva and Michael Chow, Asia Chow, rocked spiral curls on the star-studded black carpet. Celebrity hairstylist Lea Journo, who counts Orlando Bloom and Ellen Degeneres amongst her clients, created the glamorous look using a flat iron and a wooden spoon. This creative technique, detailed below, allows for tight spiral curls - perfect for any formal event or holiday party!
Get the Look:
1. Take small (2-inch) sections of hair and wrap around the handle of a wooden spoon.
2. Using a flat iron, apply heat to the wrapped hair along the entire handle.
3. Let hair unwind from handle and the spiral will come out perfectly.
4. When all the pieces are completed, pull out the curl as desired, for more volume and body.
5. Finish off the look with Lea Journo Voila Finishing Spray, to hold the curl.
[Image: Top - Stefanie Keenan via Getty Images; bottom - courtesy of Love PR]