The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and Vogue Magazine have been working in tandem to support the next generation of American fashion designers through their joint endowment. Last week the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Finalists participated in a runway show, held in Los Angeles, California. Aveda Guest Artist Jon Reyman created a distinct knotted style for the models of designer Simon Miller.
As Reyman noted, the style is natural and wearable with lots of tousled texture. He created the knot to appear tussled and messy, but still with a bit of architecture and design to appear as a cool-girl style. Said Reyman, “I created an easily achievable and interesting look with natural texture that would simply complement Simon Miller’s denim collection."
Get the Look:
1. Apply a coin-sized amount of Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight and blow-dry.
2. Add a layer of Pure Abundance Style Prep and continue to blow-dry. This will give hair added texture.
3. After hair is dry, create soft movement by first applying Air Control Hair Spray and then using a flat iron to wave the hair.
4. Create a messy center part. Taking a right front section of hair, pull behind ear, but still keeping the section separated, from the back of the hair. Do the same with the left side front section.
5. Pulling from the back of the hair, take a 1 to 2-inch section of hair, based off the thickness of hair. Braid this section about 2 inches long, secure with elastic band.
6. Collect remaining hair and pull back, secure with elastic band below the hairline.
7. Tie front section in a knot over the braid. Pin the knot secure, then manipulate it to give a more natural look.
8. Finish with Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil for a slight shine. Then set with Air Control Hair Spray.
[Image courtesy of Aveda]