With the holidays just around the corner, it's time to start thinking of creative new ways to style clients' hair for upcoming parties and events. Here, KMS California’s Artistic Director Sonna Brado offers tips for how to dress up a braid and keep it trending for a night out. By adding a classic finger wave to a fishtail braid, Sonna easily takes this braid from day to night.
Get the Look:
1. Prep hair with KMS California FREESHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray for heat protection.
2. Then curl hair around the front hairline with a 1-in” curling iron into barrel curls. Release curls and comb through, working hair back at a 45 degree angle away from the face.
3. Next, create a C-curvature with your finger and comb and clip into wave pattern.
4. Set into place with KMS California HAIRSTAY dry xtreme hairspray.
5. Sweep hair to one side and create a fishtail braid, dividing the hair into 2 sections and crossing small pieces of hair up and over, adding to the opposite strand.
6. Soften and fatten the tail by holding onto the ends and pulling strands of the tail from the bottom up.
7. Finally, secure and finish with HAIRSTAY dry extreme hairspray.
[Images courtesy of Tractenberg PR]