Hairstylist Jennifer Yepez recently created an elegant, 1940s-inspired red carpet hairstyle for Brazilian model Jeisa Chiminazzo for Angel Ball 2014, hosted by Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City on October 20, 2014.
According to Yepez, "Jeisa wanted her hair to look beautiful, chic but not overdone. We were also inspired by an editorial shoot that Jeisa shot a while ago where she looked very glamorous. We opted for a deep side part, loose waves at the ends and hair framing the front of the face on one side, rather than tucked behind both ears, to give hair a modernized ‘40s glam vibe."
Get the Look:
1. Says Yepez, "Prep damp hair by applying René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam – no rinse all over from roots to ends, then spraying René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no rinse detangling spray just on the ends. Blow hair dry using a big round brush.
2. "Once the hair is dried, make a deep side part on the side that best suits the face.
3. "Use an 1-inch curling iron, starting from the mid-shaft, curl the hair downwards, leaving the tip of the ends out of the curling iron. Make sure to follow the pattern of the head to get symmetrical waves.
4. "Let the curls set and cool, then brush it out for a smooth wave.
5. "Spray René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY on the top of the hair and set fly-aways lightly with a teasing brush or a Mason Pearson brush."
[Image: Dimitrios Kambouris via Getty Images Entertainment]