Josie Sanchez, Master Stylist at Dop Dop Salon, recently transformed her hair from jet black to a rich, coppery red using Olaplex. Says Sanchez, “I have done a drastic color change prior to this, from dark brunette to platinum blonde which left my hair very dry with split ends. With Olaplex, I see a visible difference in the vibrancy of the color and shine and my hair feels incredibly soft with little to no split ends.”
Get the Look:
1. Decolorize using L’Oréal Professionnel Platinium Plus and Olaplex wiwth 40-volume developer starting at the nape of neck, taking fine sections, working at the ends first.
2. Work up the mid-shaft and up to the root until desired lightness.
3. Rinse and power dry.
4. Using foil packets, isolate each section with back-to-back foils with a new mixture of L’Oréal Professionnel Platinium Plus, Olaplex and 40-volume developer. Note: this technique will get the maximum lift and spot treat areas that lifted unevenly (from years of pulling through L’Oréal Professionnel Dia Richesse).
5. Rinse then power dry.
6. From the decolorizing process, the mid-shaft and ends were at the perfect level and tone. Match the root using L’Oréal Professionnel Dia Light 6.34 and 8.34 and 6.3 with 6-volume developer.
7. To seal off the cuticle, finish with a gloss, applying L’Oréal Professionnel Dia Light 8.30 6-volume developer for 7 minutes.
8. Use Olaplex post color service bonding regimen.
[Image courtesy of Bratskeir & Co. PR]