First spotted in Robin Thicke’s "Blurred Lines" music video, the gorgeous brunette model and actress Emily Ratajkowski’s scored a major film role in the newly released Gone Girl, the highly anticipated film with Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. For her red carpet appearance at the film’s New York preview, Ratajkowski turned to celebrity stylist Anh Co Tran of the Ramirez Tran Salon in West Hollywood, and Joico hair products, to create her sultry, sexy waves.
“Her red gown was gorgeous and showed a lot of skin,” comments Tran, “so we opted for a loose style with a lot of movement to prevent her overall look from being too formal. After all, she’s a young girl!"
Get the Look:
1. Tran first applied Joico Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo to damp hair to create texture and “grip,” then rough-dried the actress’s fine, straight strands.
2. Once the hair was dry, he applied Joico Texture Boost Dry Spray Wax at the root, and directed the roots upward with heat from his dryer to lock in volume and support.
3. Next, he divided the hair into vertical sections. He misted each section with new Joico Iron Clad Thermal Protectant Spray, to keep hair protected for curling.
4. Then, Tran began working in the bottom sections, inserting a one-inch Marcel iron on a diagonal at the top of the section, and curling the hair. He continued across the bottom in this manner, misting each section with Iron Clad, and alternating the direction of the curls—forward and backward—for a natural-looking wave pattern. As he progressed upward, he switched to a 1 ¼-inch iron for a looser wave. He omitted the ends, released the irons from each curl and allowed them to remain intact until the entire head was curled and the hair cooled. Then he gently smoothed and flicked the ends upward with a curling iron.
5. Next, he misted the hair with new Joico Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing Spray for long-lasting volume and hold, and flipped the hair over and re-misted with Flip Turn.
6. Tran then re-sectioned the hair, misted the roots with Flip Turn and gently backcombed each section. He gently raked through the lengths with his fingers and the end of a tail comb in order to blend the waves while keeping the curl pattern intact.
7. Finally, he misted the hair with Joico Humidity Blocker to repel frizz and fly-aways on the red carpet, and finished with new Joico Gold Dust Shimmer Finishing Spray for a pop of light-reflecting, A-list shine!
[Image: Mike Pont via Getty Images]