Inspired by the effortless sexuality of the 60’s and 70’s eras, Redken Creative Consultant Guido used both subtle volume and texture to enhance the sensual side of the Sonia Rykiel woman for the Spring/Summer 2015 show in Paris. Applying Redken’s Guts 10 to damp hair to slightly boost height at the crown, Guido finished with Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray to create an undone ease reminiscent of prior decades.
“We have very sexy girls here with beautiful hair, all with an air of ease and sensuality," said Guido. "… It is very sexy but very easy hair, with a few girls wearing a deeper side-part to create more of a beautiful French feel.”
Get the Look:
1. Apply Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer to damp hair, layering with Guts 10 Root Targeted Volume Spray Foam.
2. Blow-dry hair with a round brush, making sure the front pieces are smooth while also adding a bit of height toward the front of the head.
3. Select several random pieces of hair in front of the crown and curl using a 1-inch curling iron, keeping the hair's natural texture.
4. Create a messy part, or a very small side-part for a more side-swept look.
5. Apply Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray all over hair for added texture.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]