Inspired by the modern-day Spanish woman, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a feminine, soft up-do that captured the essence of the classic Dolce & Gabbana woman for their Spring/Summer 2015 show in Milan. Using Redken’s new Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray to add airy texture to the hair before pulling it back into a loose bun with an effortless feeling. To finish the look, Guido adorned each model’s hair with rich floral arrangements and jewel-encrusted crowns, which has become a signature runway style look for Dolce & Gabbana.
“This look is very classically Dolce," says Guido. "It’s very soft, pretty and feminine – how girls want to look. I created these soft chignons with a Spanish feeling by using Redken’s Wind Blown 05 to create texture throughout the hair, and then pulled the hair back over the ears into a low, loose, sort of messy bun. It could look severe, but I’m doing it with my fingers to make it much softer for an overall feeling that’s very rich and luxurious.”
Get the Look:
1. Thoroughly mist Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply a nicked-size amount of Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion throughout damp hair and blow-dry smooth with a round brush.
3. Create a clean center part with fingers.
4. Spray Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray all over hair to add airy texture.
5. Pull hair over the ears and back into a loose bun.
6. Twist the ponytail to create a messy knot and secure with small U-pins. Leave a few bits of hair sticking out from the bun to achieve a softer look.
7. Finish with another mist of Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]