Adding to the rich elegance of Bottega Veneta’s Spring/Summer 2015 show in Milan, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a feminine, casual up-do that any woman can achieve on her own. Using Redken’s new Wind Blown 05 to add soft, natural texture and Mess Around 10 Disrupting Cream-Paste to twist the hair back, Guido created a rich, ready-to-wear hairstyle that stunned on the runway.
“I created this very feminine, beautiful up-do that’s very Bottega Veneta," says Guido. "It’s how every woman would like their hair to look, and feel comfortable enough to wear it like that. I started with clean, dry hair, and then used my main product, Wind Blown 05, which was really key to getting that great texture you can see. Then, I twisted the hair back and used little pins to hold it in place, but left a long bit sticking out so that it felt very casual. I finished the look by pulling out the little baby hairs all around the hairline, so the overall effect was very soft and feminine with a lot richness.”
Get the Look:
1. Start with dry hair, and blow-dry hair straight back.
2. Spray Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray all over hair to add airy texture.
3. Emulsify a dime-size amount of Mess Around 10 Disrupting Cream-Paste in hands, and apply only to the hairline and top of head. Comb through using fingers.
4. Twist hair back into a very loose knot, securing with small U-pins.
5. Pull out a few wispy hairs around the hairline and finish with another mist of Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]