Drawing inspiration from the 1980’s, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a sporty-chic hairstyle for Versace’s Spring/Summer 2015 show in Milan. Using Guts 10 Volumizing Spray-Foam Mousse to create height in the front and Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray for the perfect amount of control and shine, Guido achieved a minimal hairstyle that made a massive statement on the runway.
“The Versace girl is a bit sporty this season, but still very modern and glamorous," says Guido. "I created this minimal and very natural hairstyle to enhance this feeling. I created volume in the front with Guts 10, and left the back natural to get that beautiful, modern texture. Then I raked my fingers back through the hair, using Forceful 23 to create those distinct lines and hold for a boyish, sporty vibe that’s still quite glamorous with the height in the front and shiny finish.”
Get the Look:
1. Thoroughly mist Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer all over hair and comb through.
2. While hair is still damp, apply Guts 10 Root Targeted Volume Spray Foam on roots at the crown.
3. Blow-dry hair at the crown until it is completely dry.
4. Spray the back of the hair with water and let dry naturally.
5. Rake hair back with fingers to create visible lines and spray with Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray to hold hair in place.
6. Finish with a touch of Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist all over for added shine.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]