Stella McCartney made history by being the first sole designer to create an entire capsule collection according to the Green Carpet Challenge (GCC) Brandmark, a guarantor of social, ethical and sustainable excellence. Two distinct stories were told at this collection’s launch – one of delicate flowers and lace and the other of strong and pronounced color blocking. However, both stories were united by the look created by Aveda Global Creative Director, Antoinette Beenders.
“This is the look of a strong London girl,” Beenders said. “It’s severe, but soft. The front is masculine-chic, with a geometric squareness to it. In contrast, the back is polished and delicate. It’s editorial yet wearable. Stella McCartney is creating a force of sustainable and ethical leadership in fashion, and as Aveda itself was founded on a commitment of environmental responsibility, we’re excited to bear witness to this.”
Get the Look:
1. Starting with a clean canvas, prep hair by applying a thin layer of Pure Abundance Style Prep from roots to ends. Once fully spritzed, in a downward direction and away from the face, blow dry hair straight using a large round brush. This will create a polished foundation for the next steps.
2. Create a section at the top of the head that stretches from the top of left ear to the top of the right. Twist and clip this section as you will go back to it later.
3. Next, create small sections starting behind the right ear. Vertically and liberally spray Air Control Hair Spray to the roots and blow dry in using a comb. Work around the crown of the head until the only section left is the clipped top piece.
4. Straighten the lengths of the unclipped hair with Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
5. Then, unclip the top section. Using same method, take small horizontal sections and spray Air Control Hair Spray on the roots. Comb dry in. Work towards the front of the head, always combing hair away from the face.
6. Apply five drops of Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil to hands and gently smooth over all hair for a touch of shine.
7. To finish, create a low ponytail, secure it with a clear elastic band and flatiron it, creating a stick straight look.
[Image courtesy of Aveda]