"This is a sleek, chic woman on the run. An easy, yet sophisticated style that hints to a less serious take on life," says Kevin Ryan for Unite.
1) On damp hair, spray UNITE Expanda Volume ($27.50).
2) Blow dry wet hair completely, making sure to keep the follicles smooth and sleek.
3) Once dry, lightly backcomb the roots through the crown. This will ensure that all of the hair will fall in the same direction without separation.
4) Gather all of the hair at the base of the neck and pull into a ponytail with an elastic band. On the last loop of the elastic, do not pull the hair all the way through; making sure the ends are left out of the elastic and pointing in an upward, but uniform direction.
5) Using a piece of cobalt leather, wrap the leather around the ponytail, concealing the elastic band, and tie off using a double knot; ensuring to leave about 1-2" of leather on each side of the knot.
6) Set the look by spraying UNITE Session Max Hairspray ($29.95) lightly over the whole look.
7) Finish the look by spreading a few drops of UNITE Shina Gloss Liquid Gloss Drops ($29.95) over your hands and pressing into the slicked back part of the hair for extra shine.
[Image courtesy of Purple PR]