New York Fashion Week is no stranger to celebrities, whether sitting front row or attending after parties, and this year was no exception. Bella Thorne and Jada Pinkett Smith were amongst the celebrities spotted at Fashion Week recently, attending the Jeremy Scott and Dennis Basso shows, and each sporting a stunning mani look.
Celebrity Manicurist and Color Curator for Dermelect Cosmeceuticals, Elle, created the gorgeous looks for Thorne and Pinkett Smith. See her inspirations, as well as how-to's to recreate the looks, below!
Get the Look: Bella Thorne's "Monster" Mani
random and then sealing them in with a coat of Dermelect’s High Maintenance Instant Nail Thickener top coat.
2. "Bella actually drew out the way she wanted the studs on each individual nail herself, but then told me to do whatever I wanted to with the colors — it was a true creative collaboration!
3. "Whatever we did on one hand, we did the exact opposite in terms of colors on the other. For example, if I put down Heirloom first and then a green chevron color-blocked tip over it on one thumb, then on the other hand I put down green with a purple tip.
4. "We did it at the last minute, and completed the entire look in half an hour between photo shoots — it was so fun that we were able to be truly crazy and spontaneous with the look.”
Get the Look: Jada Pinkett Smith's Gotham-Inspired Ombre Nails
ls one at a time, stamping each one with the sponge and repainting the sponge each time. We went through all ten nails twice each.
4. "Because we put the Debonnaire down first and because Jada’s nails are so long, we didn’t have to clean up the cuticle but on a shorter nail you might have to remove any stray polish from the skin using a small eyeshadow brush dipped in acetone.
5. "Since Jada’s nails are stiletto-shaped, I used Chanel Black Satin to create really thin chevron tips to outline the point of her nail where the ombré started.
6. "Lastly, I sealed the entire look with Dermelect High Maintenance Instant Nail Thickener.”
[Image: Dimitrios Kambouris via Getty Images]