Inspired by the island vibe of Sophie Theallet’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection, Julie Kandalec for essie created a negative space double French tip nail using fiji and turquoise and caicos for the hands. To bring together the overall look, she used one coat of mademoiselle on the toes.
Get the Look (Hands):
1. Apply first base base coat to the tip of the nail only.
2. Next, brush on a neat arc across the tip of the nail with two coats of fiji; thickness should be wide enough to accommodate the double colored arc.
3. Next, dip an angled eyeliner brush in polish remover and clean up the smile line.
4. Then, brush on a neat arc on the very tip of the nail with two layers of turquoise and caicos, covering over half of the fiji arc.
5. Once dry, apply one coat of first base base coat over the entire nail.
6. Finish with good to go top coat, making sure to cap the free edge of the nail.
Get the Look (Feet; Not Pictured):
1. Apply ridge filling base coat to clean, filed nails.
2. Next, apply one coat of mademoiselle.
3. Follow with good to go top coat.
[Images courtesy of BPCM PR]