Inspired by the modern-day woman, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a polished, modern ponytail for Diesel’s Spring/Summer 2015 show at New York Fashion Week. Guido achieved this classic ready-to-wear style using Redken’s Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion to blow the hair out straight, and then combed it back into a smooth low ponytail with a deep side part. To add a futuristic feeling, he finished the look with a liberal misting of Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray to create a lacquer-like effect.
Says Guido, "My job as a hairdresser is to update the ponytail to make it more relevant for today’s woman. This ponytail that I created for Diesel is very groomed and classic, but slightly futuristic. The two distinct textures – shiny and matte – and the deep side part make it a very depersonalized, exact look.”
Get the Look:
1. Apply a nickel-size amount of Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion to damp hair and comb through.
2. Using a fine-tooth comb, create a deep side part.
3. Blow-dry hair straight using a boar bristle brush.
4. Brush hair back into a low ponytail, using a boar bristle brush to smooth out any bumps.
5. Secure ponytail at the base of the head using a small black elastic.
6. Flatiron the length of the ponytail until it is straight and smooth.
7. Finish with a generous mist of Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray all over the top of the head to create a shiny, sleek look.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]