Julie Kandalec for essie was inspired by the Hollywood glam feel and vibrant hues seen throughout Veronica Beard’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection at New York Fashion Week. To play up these aspects, she created a bright coral, standout nail for the hands, and a new take on nude for the feet that was reminiscent of the shade of stockings worn by women in the 1930’s.
Get the Look (Hands):
1. Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails.
2. Next, apply two coats of tart deco.
3. Follow with good to go top coat.
Get the Look (Feet):
1. Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails, followed by an additional layer of ridge filling base coat over the top.
2. Once dry, apply one coat of mink muffs.
3. Next, apply two coats of mambo.
4. Follow with good to go top coat.
Expert tip: the extra base coat layer was added to make the toes appear sleeker.
[Images courtesy of BPCM PR]