This inspiring look is an exclusive insight from the Alice + Olivia Spring 2015 presentation, featuring the Braided Silk Chignon by Michael Dueñas from OSiS+.Dueñas creates a chic style using spring colored silk scarves from the collection, which is intricately braided into a knotted bun to complete a modern, feminine and ethereal image that is sleek and fun, giving that intentional energy to prepare for the new season.
Get the Look:
1. Start by applying two golf-ball sized proportions of OSiS+ Grip Extreme Hold Mousse to dry hair from scalp to ends for control and shine.
Part hair in the middle.
2. Dry hair towards the head using SKP-PRO Heat Dryer powered by FHI and then gather hair into a low tight ponytail with finger texture, leaving out two small sections of hair near the hairline.
3. Secure with hook elastic.
4. Fold a scarf to match the length of hair and pull through the elastic to secure ponytail. With the scarf in the middle, section the ponytail into two parts creating a three-section braid.
5. Braid to the ends and wrap braid into a tight bun and secure with large pins.
6. Hide the ends of scarf inside the bun and tuck loose hair behind ears and add a slight wave to the ends.
7. Finish and polish the look with OSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hair spray.