Vivienne Tam’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection referenced the energetic collecting, cataloging, and exporting of China’s last dynasty – the Qing Dynasty. With texture and color being a huge feature throughout the collection, CATWALK by TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin felt the hair needed to neutralize and unify the girls. The result: a modern, sporty look with dual texture, perfectly complementary to Tam’s collection of nature-focused colors and prints.
Get the Look:
1. Prep hair with CATWALK by TIGI Fast Fixx Style Prep and create a center part.
2. Next, section the back of the head, starting at the nape and apply CATWALK by TIGI Strong. Hold Mousse from root through to mid ends on each section. Blow-dry using a flat brush, flattening the hair to the shape of the head, keeping the ends free and textured. Repeat, up to the crown.
3. Repeat the process at either side of the center part, making sure to keep the hair lying forward, not back.
4. Next, tuck haphazard strands behind the ears and then sweep two front strands of hair across forehead and behind ear – creating a piecey, side-swept look.
5. Set the look with CATWALK by TIGI Camera Ready.
[Image courtesy of Siren PR]