South African designer David Tlale presented his Spring/Summer 2015 collection at Lincoln Center during New York Fashion Week on Sunday, September 7th. The collection was a clear expression of a woman’s strength through elegant yet powerful femininity. “This collection is about giving women back their power and equipping them with a strong and confident sense of allure, without losing their essence and femininity,” said David. Creating even more of a statement was the strong hair look created by Motions Salon Hair Care Celebrity Stylist Ursula Stephen who was inspired by African heritage while maintaining a modern edge – a look both parties referred to as authentic and chic.
Get the Look:
1. Starting with dry hair, create a defined center part and begin braiding at the hairline, carefully continuing a thin, definitive braid down the center-part using a “cornrow” technique until reaching the crown, and then using a standard 3-strand technique. Use Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade on fingertips while braiding to smooth hair and provide a better grip.
2. Next, section the top portion of hair in a horseshoe shape and secure with clips. Then tease the remaining hair in sections from root to ends to create some body and texture.
3. Using a flat brush, gently smooth the surface of the teased hair and section into two halves, securing each with a clear elastic. Carefully roll each section under, securing tightly with pins and shaping the hair into a faux bob.
4. Remove the horseshoe section of hair from clips and use a crimping iron to create texture, spraying the Motions Light Hold Working Spritz on each section. Once crimps are set, gently brush out and carefully lay hair over the faux bob foundation, tucking under with pins.
5. Set the look with a bit of Motions Light Hold Working Spritz.
[Images courtesy of Siren PR]