At the recent DANNIJO Spring/Summer 2015 presentation at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week, lead hairstylist Rodney Cutler for Cutler/Redken Salon was inspired by "the [designer's] passion and vision for this Spring/Summer collection and went about creating a hair look that would complement the amazing styling and theme of travel. Similar to the rustic yet picturesque staging of the presentation, the hair brought to life a natural, Mongolian tribal feel with a fishtail that journeyed on to a polished pony.”
Get the Look:
1. Begin styling with dry, straightened hair.
2. Pull hair back into a sleek ponytail using a fine bristle brush. Secure the hair on the back of the head, so that it is parallel to the middle of the ear. Use a thin elastic to secure.
3. Depending on hair thickness, work a dime to quarter size dollop of Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 – Cushioning Blow Dry Gel into the first 4-5 inches of hair below the ponytail.
4. Weave into a tight, smooth fishtail braid. To create a fishtail separate the hair into two sections and cross small strands over each other, towards the opposite section.
5. After braiding this portion of the hair, secure with an additional hair tie and allow the bottom of the hair to hang.
6. Once secured, use a 1-2” flat iron to straighten the unbraided hair for a sleek ponytail.
7. Finish off by spraying Redken Fashion Work 12 – Versatile Working Spray to tackle any fly-aways.
[Image credit: Cutler Salon]