For the women's hair look at Richard Chai's Spring/Summer 2015 presentation at New York Fashion Week, Aveda Guest Artist Frank Rizzieri created a minimal look that had edge, distinction and texture. “We worked with each girl’s natural hair, where it falls and her type of texture for an overall wet/dry look,” Rizzieri said. “It was as if she had hopped out of the shower, ran her fingers through her hair and the hair started drying; certainly the cool girl’s style.”
Get the Look:
1. Brush out the length of the hair with an Aveda Wooden Paddle Brush and then prep it with Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight to add straightness throughout.
2. For curly and wavy hair, use a blow dryer and round brush to pull hair out and straighten down in a loose, gentle motion to create a loosely straightened style.
3. Once straight, begin to mist hair with Pure Abundance Style Prep, slowly saturating hair to create a slightly wet appearance and adding a bend throughout the length of the hair.
4. Create a solid center down the middle of the hair and work the top sides toward the back while misting, pulling the top sections behind the ears.
5. Apply another round of Pure Abundance Style Prep while tousling the hair with the hands add slight bends and waves for subtle texture.
6. Set the final look with a spray of Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
[Image courtesy of Aveda]