For Spring 2015, Peter Som describes his collection as “classic all-American style through the vibrant lens of pop art.” According to the designer, his inspiration came from hyper real pop art images that were saturated with color and the central figures of American pop art that created them, including a personal favorite, Roy Lichtenstein. “I wanted to mix the animated and colorful vibe of pop art with a classic all-American chicness that would resonate with the every woman.”
Peter describes the beauty and hair look as “a sleek braid and bright pop of orange on the eyes is the perfect blend of sexy and fierce.” For Eugene Souleiman, the look is a juxtaposition of sophistication and masculinity, with two opposing views. The front of the hair portrays a highly groomed menswear style and from the back a chic all-American woman. The sleek pompadour is a tad tense creating a perfect discord with the feminine braid cascading down the back. “This look exudes a sexy, slightly masculine feel – she’s edgy but still classy,” says Eugene Souleiman.
Get the Look:
1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner to preserve the brilliant shade and shine of color-treated hair.
2. Spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz liberally at the roots then blow dry pulling hair upwards to create volume.
3. Once hair is dry create a deep left side part then add a generous amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse to the top layer of hair from the forehead to crown.
4. To that same section of hair, layer on Wella Professionals Sculpt Force to both keep hair in place and to add a sleek sheen to the front of the hair.
5. Next, use a wide bristle brush and blow dry the top section of hair from the root for added volume.
6. Take the top half of hair (right above the ears) and gather at the crown of the head. Divide the hair in three sections and French braid until all of the remaining hair has been added then secure with a clear elastic.
7. Add a small amount of Wella Professionals Sculpt Force to any flyaways and to the very tip of the braid.
8. Diffuse hair dry to hold in place then finish by misting the whole head with NEW Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Shine Spray.
· Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner
· Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz
· Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse
· Wella Professionals Sculpt Force
· NEW Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Shine Spray
[Images courtesy of Wella Professionals]