Recently, tennis pro Catherine Bellis became the youngest girl to win a match at the US Open since 1996. At just 15 years old, she's proved that she has an impressive set of tennis skills, and impeccable style to boot! During her winning match, Bellis sported a fashionable-yet-functional version of the ponytail seen at Valentino’s Fall/Winter 2014 Fashion Show, created by Redken Creative Consultant Guido. Below, we have the inside scoop from Guido on how to recreate this look for your clients (or yourself!) for a perfect look - on or off the court!
Get the Look:
1. Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer on damp hair.
2. Apply Redken Guts 10 Root Targeted Volume Spray Foam to damp hair.
3. Blow-dry hair straight with natural bristle brush.
4. Create a clean center part.
5. Comb hair straight back creating slight lift at the crown.
6. Gather hair into a low ponytail covering ears and secure with elastic.
7. Place elastics every 2-3 inches down the ponytail.
8. Pull hair in between each elastic to puff out the hair.
9. Finish with Redken Control Addict 28 Super Strength Finishing Spray.
[Image: Streeter Lecka via Getty Images]