Celebrity colorist Rona O’Connor created the hair color looks for a few celebrities that attended last night's 66th Annual Emmy Awards, including Debra Messing's fiery red and Heidi Klum's brilliant blonde. Below, O'Conner shares her tips, as well as the formulas she used, to create each look.
Get the Look: Debra Messing's Multi-Reflective Red:
color with a gloss to seal and tone, while reflecting multifaceted hues and shine. I used a custom mixture of Goldwell’s Colorance for this.
4. "For lasting color I finished with my favorite leave-in, Goldwell’s Color Lock Serum."
Get the Look: Heidi Klum's Bright, Red Carpet Blonde:
growth with less demarcation, and allows for less highlights, giving a blonde result with no damage.
2. "I sprayed the dry hair before highlighting with Colorglow IQ Structure Equalizer Spray. There is no such thing as too much conditioning for blondes.
3. "I highlighted with SilkLift by Goldwell adding three drops of SilkLift Intensive Conditioning Serum Concentrate which drives conditioner into the hair during the highlighting process - it’s amazing and prevents breakage on delicate hair.
4. "To seal the hair, I used 10V Colorance by Goldwell, with clear in equal parts to seal, tone, and reflect dimensional hues and high shine color.
5. "I used Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair Regeneration Serum (which I call 'The Booster Shot') to protect, repair and condition hair. It fills the hair shaft with lipids, reinforcing the integrity of the hair. Keeping the hair filled with the right products is key to high quality color results (especially blondes that heat style often)."
[Images: Top - Jon Kopaloff via Getty Images; Bottom - Jason LaVeris via Getty Images]