Celebrity Stylists Jamika Wilson and Cynthia Alvarez used Motions Salon Hair Care products to create two stunning looks at last night's 66th Annual Emmy Awards. Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series Winner Uzo Aduba wore a sleek, sophisticated look, while Just Keke host Keke Palmer sported a simple yet elegant ponytail. Below, get the steps you need to recreate each red carpet look!
Get the Look: Uzo Aduba
on the hair smooth making sure to leave volume across the crown, then pull hair back into a simple bun and secure with hair pins. Tip: for added volume, fluff hair with fingers at the root.
4. Smooth sides and edges of hair at the nape of the neck using Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade and set with the Motions Light Hold Working Spritz.
5. Finish with the Motions Oil Sheen & Conditioning Spray to keep the look natural and in place.
Get the Look: Keke Palmer
by Motions Straight Finish Sealer to detangle and add moisture to the hair in preparation to blow dry straight.
3. Apply a small amount of Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade to smooth the edges and really define the look.
4. Part the hair into 3 horizontal sections from the crown to the nape of the neck. Starting at the top, gather the first section back into a ponytail and secure using a snag-less hair tie. Then, make a hole right above the hair tie and loop the ponytail down through, pulling tight to secure. Continue this inverted ponytail at each section, pulling hair from the previous pony into the new one. Set with Motions Light Hold Working Spritz and wrap hair to keep it smooth.
5. Using the blow dryer, set the hair into place. Once set, remove the wrap and finish with the Motions Oil Sheen & Conditioning Spray. TIP: add some glitzy hair pins at the base of each ponytail for an Award-worthy look!
[Images: Top - Jason LaVeris via Getty Images; Bottom - Jeff Vespa via Getty Images]