Celebrity hairstylist Davy Newkirk created an elegant, classic chignon for actress Allison Williams at last night's Emmy Awards. According to Newkirk, the inspiration for the style came from “a classic chignon and a modern day take on Grace Kelly.”
Get the Look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. To create the perfect foundation for styling, spray damp hair with Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Boost Leave In Conditioning Spray then brush through with a wide tooth comb.
3. Next, add 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands and spread evenly through the hair.
4. Blow dry using a large round brush, angling hair backwards to help create volume.
5. Gather the top section of your hair – from your hairline to the crown of your head – and separate from the rest of your hair.
6. Pull the remaining hair up into a high pony and secure with an elastic.
7. Rub a small amount of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance in the palm of your hands and smooth back the hair on both sides of the head and underneath the pony tail.
8. Tease the top section of hair then gently smooth it back using a small bristled brush.
9. Manipulate the hair to desired height and then secure with the existing ponytail using another elastic.
10. Slightly tease the ponytail to make it more voluminous and add a bit more Smooth Brilliance to help keep hair in place.
11. Take the ponytail and begin to twist it up and around, forming a tight chignon. Pin hair in place with Japanese hair pins as you go.
12. Spray an even layer of Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to prevent fly-aways and finish with a mist of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray for extra shine.
[Image: Gregg DeGuire via Getty Images]