Whether your client is headed to the beach or simply a backyard BBQ this Labor Day, the weekend calls for one last summer hairstyle before the seasons change. Help your client achieve the perfect, statement-making style with tips from Pureology Artistic Ambassador Natasha Sunshine, who shares how to create this simple, but stunning, Summer Knot.
Get the Look
1. Before beginning, use a quarter size of Pureology's Cuticle Polisher and apply it evenly from mid-shaft to ends, then use a 1-inch barrel iron on the last three inches to add polish to the tips (large sections of the model’s hair were wound like a candy cane on the last three inches of the hair).
2. Make sure you are prepared with clear or elastic bands that match your client's texture. If she has thick hair, use extra-long bobby pins; otherwise, regular bobby pins will do the trick.
3. Next, choose two pieces from each side, pull back and make a loose knot. Secure with a bobby pin. For thicker hair, crisscross the pins in an x-fashion for added security.
4. Repeat the process by pulling two more side pieces back and creating another loose knot. Secure with bobby pins.
5. Add a blast of Pureology's Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray for a touchable hold.
[Images courtesy of Redken]