While August may be sweltering, your client's makeup will stay flawless with these summer makeup tips from Rebecca Prior, Chief of Makeup Services at Napoleon Perdis. Take your client from a subtle daytime look to a bold bright lipped beauty for sizzling summer nights. Here are six makeup tips you don't want to miss!
Six Summer Party Makeup Tips
1. Not to prime is a crime! You want your client's makeup to stay put from day to dinner and drinks. Primer helps keep makeup in place through the hot summer months.
2. Nothing says summer like beautiful skin. Say goodbye to summertime shine sadness and hello to gorgeous skin! Try Luxe Matte Foundation Finish & touch up with a Spray Foundation. This light weight, water resistant foundation is packed with antioxidants to replenish the skin. (Napoleon says wear your sunscreen to protect from UV rays. UV A for aging, UV B for Burning).
3. Mascara First! Applying mascara first allows you to map the rest of your makeup look.
4. Contour is the undetectable shapewear for the face. You've heard of bikini cleanses and diets before swimsuit season. This is the equivalent for the face!
5. Add a false lash for instant party glam. If your client's special occasion is poolside, check out waterproof options. You may even want to switch out your mascara for a false lash and waterproof glue!
6. Go from nude to bold in an instant. Just try not to leave your makeup products in the hot car. Instead, consider keeping your product in the fridge for a small period of time if they overheat.
Continue to page 2 to see the full list of products used in our 6 Tips for Perfect Summer Party Makeup video! [pagebreak]
Nude Day Look
Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer
Stroke of Genius Foundation
China Doll Gel Liner Yang (waterline)
Matte Bronze (Contour from the Slim Aarons 'Poolside Glamour' Collection
Champagne Days (Highlight from the Slim Aarons 'Poolside Glamour Collection)
Entitled (Nude lipstick from the Slim Aarons 'Poolside Glamour Collection)
False Lash Zinnia
Loose Dust Starlight (Eye Lids)
De'Vine Goodess Lipstick Hara
Perfect Poppy Lip Pencil
Mosaic Flushing (Blush)
Loose Dust Starlight (to enhance highlight)
Two Faced Eyeliner Duo - shade color is called Power (from the Slim Aarons Collection)
[Images: Napoleon Perdis]