Lead hairstylist Amy Farid for Oribe Hair Care designed two looks to complement the clothes at Kaelen's Fall/Winter 2014 presentation at New York Fashion Week. "Kaelen's designs are a mix of romance and minimalism," Amy said. "The two looks are inspired by the collection, mixing softness with androgynous tailoring. One is a bit more masculine and minimal, while the other is a more feminine look." The masculine style featured the hair softly pulled off the face with the sides slicked tightly back and volume at the crown, while the second more feminine look was a blowout with a center part.
Get the Feminine Look:
1. Spray dry hair with Foundation Mist from roots to ends. Follow with Maximista Thickening Spray from roots to ends.
2. Mist hair from mid-shaft to ends with Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray and blow-dry straight with a Mason Pearson brush.
3. Once hair is dry, spray all over with Dry Texturizing Spray for volume and part straight down the middle.
Get the Masculine Look:
1. After completing steps from the above look, re-wet hair with Foundation Mist around the hairline and the crown area. Re‐dry hair with a Mason Pearson brush, directing the hair away from the face. Gently massage the crown area for slight texture.
2. Section out the crown and clip away. To secure the sides, back-comb hair at the flat part of the head behind the ears, then brush hair back around the head and secure with pins on each side at back of the head.
3. Release the crown section and drop the hair over the side sections and pin in place. Use Dry to keep hair in place. Finish with Superfine Hair Spray on top and some Fiber Groom Elastic Texture Paste on the sides to smooth hair down.
[Images courtesy of Oribe]